Dog Training Now is looking to hire a full-time dog trainer to join our team. This is a 40-43 hour/week hourly employee position. Dog Training Now is a professional obedience training studio in Schaumburg, IL, serving Chicago and the entire Chicagoland area. We consistently receive rave reviews from our awesome clients! We love what we do and it shows!
Job responsibilities includes training dogs 1-on-1 (4 dogs/day), teaching private lessons to clients, conducting client consultations, answering client questions over the phone, cleaning and sanitation of the studio.
We also offer a Board and Train program in which training dogs are boarded in the homes of our trainers overnight after a day of training. We will ask for no more than 2 dogs/night, and approximately 75% of the time. This is an important part of the job description, and we compensate well beyond your hourly wage for all dogs boarded in your home, and we are happy to provide more extended time without boarding dogs when necessary. Please consider your willingness and ability to take client dogs home with you on a regular basis before applying.
- Demonstrable dog training or pet industry experience working directly with dogs (training, grooming, dog walking, veterinarian office, daycare, or kennel).
- Ability to work well and communicate well with the general public. If you are not good with people, this job is NOT for you.
- Willing to be open-minded and well-rounded in your approach and techniques of dog training.
- Must be an active person confident in their ability to handle and train dogs of all sizes and temperaments.
- Must be willing to board dogs enrolled in our Board and Train program in your own home for extra commission.
- Must be willing to perform any task required to successfully operate the business, including cleaning, organizing, etc.
- Reliable transportation.
- Must be willing to learn and expand both knowledge and skills.
- *Preference given to individuals with previous professional dog training experience
Compensation $40,000 – $50,000+/year dependent on experience, education, and quantity of dogs boarded. Compensation is made up of an hourly wage as well as boarding commission.
You will be part of a small team of 9 committed to continually developing their methods, skills and teaching abilities.
5 days of Paid Time Off will be earned on your 6 month anniversary of employment and 10 days of Paid Time Off will be earned on each year’s anniversary.
We contribute to your health insurance!
We have a history of investing in the continuing education of our employees, and a history of rewarding good work with compensation. We recognize valuable employees and make it known that it’s appreciated!
We are closed on weekends, so you will always have your weekends off! Typical hours will be 9:30am-6:00pm Mon-Fri.
For consideration, please submit your resume along with an explanation of what you could bring to this team and how your goals and your teams goals may overlap. I will contact all qualified applicants. Please no calls or visits to the studio. Visits and calls to the studio will be grounds for immediate disqualification from consideration.
Dog Training Now